-review- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard





DNF
Maybe another day... I read over half the book... 68% to be exact.
But the MC seemed a bit too idk, her voice just fell flat and after a couple of pages I just knew what was going to happen.
Nothing surprised me, well nothing except the incredible power that Mare has to overlook everything of importance.


How can someone be that dense?
I skipped to the last chapter and it was exactly what I had thought it'd be.


No surprises, no plot twist no nothing.

I'm so freaking disappointed and sad. I was doing so good reading a lot of YA but this book made me remember that not all YA is for everyone and this book really wasn't for me.

The only reason I'm giving it three stars is because,
1. The book title was in and on the book so, I loved it plus the cover is absolutely gorgeous and goes really well with the story.
2. Cal was sometimes the only thing keeping me going with the reading, he sometimes made me think the story would change somehow someway but his passion, power and loyalty won me over. I loved his character.


So there you go, two stars for that very reason.

I don't recommend this book if you're looking for an amazing story that has twists and turns at every corner.

I do recommend this for younger readers though I think they might appreciate the voice and constant inner short conversations that Mare had with herself, always sure she knows what someone thinks or how someone feels by merely a shared look. I think that was what did it for me, how she always assumed instead of asking.

But, oh well...

Maybe I'll try this one again when I'm more into simple kind of childish reads?


"The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain."


I give this book,
2/5

2=will NEVER make me cry.


Comments