-review- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (ToG #3)


(Spoiler Alert if you haven't read the previous books in the series)

-He made her want to laugh and sing and shake the world with her voice.-

She will not be afraid.

Even after all this time, she says it.

My heart breaking over and over didn't matter.

My eyes tearing up didn't matter.

My hands shaking didn't matter.

Bawling my eyes out subsequently didn't matter.

My rage didn't matter.

All the magic, the badassery, the shifting, the endless training, the constant betrayals, the secret stolen glances, the discoveries, the incredible and absolute darkness that was the self loathing of Celaena. T-T

-Abraxos was still lying on his belly, sniffing the wildflowers, when she returned with the dead goat in her arms, its blood now iced on her cloak and tunic.
He'd devoured the goat in two bites, then gone back to enjoying the wildflowers. At least he'd eaten.-

Nothing mattered because I am done. I am so done with this.

Why didn't anyone warn me that I was going to be tossed over and over again against stone walls with not an end in sight.

This book was so brutal the only thing I took in my heart were the fire, Rowan, new secrets, the thirteen and Abraxos.

-"At least if you're going to hell," he said, the vibrations in his chest rumbling against her, "then we'll be there together."-

I cannot wait for more torture to come.

Let the crying games begin and may the odds be ever in my favor.

Game of Thrones flashbacks anyone?????? Because Manon and her hair hehehehe with Abraxos? *_*

-She will not let that light go out.
She would fill the world with it, with her light–her gift. She would light up the darkness, so brightly that all who were lost or wounded or broken would find their way to it, a beacon for those who still dwelled in that abyss. It would not take a monster to destroy a monster–but light, light to drive out darkness.
She was not afraid.-

10/5 special rating

10(special rating for over-the-top-I'll-never-get-over-this book) =
I cried for things I didn't know possible I was capable of.


Comments